First off - a Happy New Year to all our readers! We've really enjoyed blogging through 2013, and are always thrilled when people comment and engage with the debate or give us more information or even disagree with us! So, please keep reading and telling us what you think.
Last year I posted the top blogs of 2012 according to The World of the Mentalists (TWIM) online mental health magazine. Well, TWIM has now changed its name to Mentally Wealthy, but the awards continue. There do seem to be some new categories though, and the first "vlog" or video blog features too. As it proved a popular post last year, it seemed only right to start 2014 with links to some of the best blogs out there.
So, here is a list of the winners and their corresponding categories:
- Lived experience - 2 joint winners: My Crazy Bipolar Blog and My Travels with Depression
- Recovery - Happy Mental - Onwards and Upwards
- Campaigning - Fementalists
- Informative - Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Carer - A Carer's Eyes
- Student/Academic - Psychodiagnosticator
- Helpful - Doc Ready
- Humour - 2 joint winners: Hyperbole and a Half and Therapy Tales
- Vlog - Jonny Benjamin
- Best new blog - Bipolar Nana
- Wildcard blog - BPD FFS Sue Sibbald
You can read more on Mentally Wealthy about why these particular blogs won. What do you think? Do you have favourite blogs you'd like to tell us about? Are you writing one of your own? Let us know.
As always, some of our favourite blogs are listed in the right hand column of this blog.