Thursday 23 August 2012

Flour power!

As a charity fundraiser, when a colleague is leaving, or just to cheer everyone up, my PAVO colleague Claire is always there with the most de-licious cakes. All baked and decorated by herself!

Here are some raspberry cheese cupcakes she made lately, just to make you feel a little bit hungry...

Claire told me - "baking is a real stress reliever for me, I find it really therapeutic, and rewarding.  I love finding and trying new recipes or making a special cake for someone.  I'm not that fussed about eating it (honest!), but I do get a huge sense of satisfaction when others enjoy the results!"
 

And it was Claire who put me on to a blog by another amazing baker - Anneliese Giggins. Anneliese took on the enormous challenge of baking all of the 218 recipes in famous cook Mary Berry's "Baking Bible." And by doing so she helped fight off the "baby blues," the social isolation and lack of confidence she experienced after leaving a fulfilling job to become a full-time Mum. You can read more about her story in a newspaper article here. Don't forgot too to check out her blog for more on her story of "baking away the blues" - risingtotheberry.blogspot.co.uk

I'm not sure how many cakes Claire has baked in total, but just to whet your appetite, here's a picture of another of her amazing creations.  In my view, it's more than just a cake, it's a work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment